Winter touring with wouter

Форум за обикновените карания в тесен приятелски кръг или пък такива, в които основната цел е човек да си намери компания за 1-2 дни. Хората, членуващи в клубове или неформални групи, също могат да публикуват индивидуални карания в случаите, когато не става дума за обичайните разходки с други членове на групата.

Рейтинг за публикуване на тема / Рейтинг за отговор / Тежест: 500 / 500 / 5
Правила на форума
В различните форуми и подфоруми на раздел "Мероприятия" действат особени правила, които можете да прочетете в тази тема, т. ІІІ.

Напомняме на всички потребители в раздел "Мероприятия", че в рамките на МТБ-БГ има Календар на събитията, който включва дори и индивидуални карания, стига инициаторите им да желаят това, т.е. да са вписали карането си там. По принцип в Календара ще намерите всички състезания и официално организирани карания. Календарът е на този адрес: http://www.mtb-bg.com/index.php/events/calendar .
Повече подробности за Календара можете да научите от тази статия: http://www.mtb-bg.com/index.php/other/o ... 7-calendar

Winter touring with wouter

Мнениеот woutermtb » Вто Дек 14, 2010 1:18 pm

Hi,

Well, ahum, i'm crazy, but that's nothing new...
So, crazy people continue riding in winter and in snow, nothing can stop them ;)
What i'm trying to say, i'm going to make biketrips in (for me) new areas and i thought that perhaps i could find more crazy people here to join me on my adventures....
Yesterday, i did an easy 80km in the lyulinarea (5h...) and for tomorow i want to explore the Slivnica - breznik-dragoman area.
I made a route on gps and then try to survive it :)
It could be long again, but with this snow, i'm not afraid to take some asfalt...
So, if anyone is interested in joining me, let me know! (of course, i'm also open to suggestions)

Wouter
woutermtb

Рейтинг: 1452

Re: Winter touring with wouter

Мнениеот Pinky76 » Сря Дек 15, 2010 2:16 pm

First of all I want to say - hi Wouter,you crazy...........You get the point. :D

I am really impressed by your pation and love for the sport and that you just enjoy riding no matter what it is - a race,a steady training or relaxed ride alone or with friends in the forest,on the road....Respect!:agree:

Now to the point - I am really sorry and dissapointed for not living in Sofia and being able to train with you and ride all year long.I could of learned so much more,be better and in the same time enjoy riding with someone stronger than me.I hope you'll find yourself a company even for a small fraction of your rides.Guys don't be afraid,you'll learn a lot from this man.And a small suggestion - if you cut the ridetime,you'll find more people joining you,cause it's really hard even for the strongest of us to be 3-5 hours outside at this time of the year.

Have fun and see you soon! :beer:
Pinky76

Рейтинг: 2000

Мнениеот vlassadar » Сря Дек 15, 2010 3:33 pm

The green piste from Goli vrah to Cherni vrah - this is the rocky road to climb the top, is sometimes perfectly rideable! On hard-packed snow, it's much easier to ride than in the summer, if there is no wind against you. Even the downhill part of the Cherni vrah race sometimes is too much fun, so it's addictive - the alpine part as well as the paths after! So, one of the good days... Of course you can never know if it's OK until you get up there. In perfect conditions it's even possible to make the uphill part of the race! All the rocks are gone, so with good fat tires it will be a great challenge :) For now, however, the snow is not enough.
Аватар
vlassadar

Мнениеот woutermtb » Сря Дек 15, 2010 7:29 pm

Hey,

It was not hot, but ok...
68km of pure fun and adventure and 4.5h of riding.
As i ride easy, it's not hard at all. If you go too fast, you start sweating and you're f****ed in the downhill, if too slow, you never find the good temperature.
But, once you find the good speed, there is only fun waiting for you!
Tomorow, i'll have to do my homework ;), but i'm already thinking about a good ride for friday...

@pinky :If you have an idea for a good ride in your area, then i'll come over ( with boyko??) and we can make a daytrip together, what do you think??

See you all on the bikes!

Wouter
woutermtb

Мнениеот papi007 » Чет Дек 16, 2010 2:11 pm

Uh, i miss riding in the winter! This work is F*cking taking all of my time, and i have not ridden for 2 months... Needless to say i feel like ... So i think starting my winter season soon, and if i come across some interesting trails, i'll invite you for a weekend because i am working from 6:30 AM to 15:00 PM, and think a winter night ride after work not in shape with you and bokicha will be a death sentence :rofl:
So i am currently living in Pirdop, will hit you back soon (i hope)

One idea i have is riding from Vitinia Pass to Kashana pass (near the city of Zlatitza). In the summer , it was perfect! We could do it the other way round, if you want to catch a train from Sofia to Pirdop/Zlatitza. Or a 2 day trip trip - Pirdop-Sofia-Pirdop. But this will happen when i buy winter tyres for the bike (maxxis wet scream 2.5 and Michelin 2.5 AT :lol: )

Other idea is the freaking dushanci damn that i have written you about, but i doubt it that there will be suitable off-road trails , for riding.

Will hit you back.

Best wishes, papi007 :wavey:
Аватар
papi007

Мнениеот woutermtb » Чет Дек 16, 2010 3:22 pm

ok, let me know!
woutermtb

Мнениеот Pinky76 » Чет Дек 16, 2010 6:18 pm

woutermtb написа:Hey,

@pinky :If you have an idea for a good ride in your area, then i'll come over ( with boyko??) and we can make a daytrip together, what do you think??

See you all on the bikes!

Wouter

Of course I know many good rides in my area - in Stara Planina over the Buzludsha Pass and towards Bidek and the Windpropellers is pure beauty in summer and I am sure that it's great during the winter too.For rides in this area all seasons long I think the guys from Gabrovo will know the mountain better than anyone.

But for a steady 3-5 hours ride in this winter conditions it will be best just the strongest of us to take part.And I know the routes pretty well too,but not entirely,so it will be even more fun discovering new places.So it's your choice what kind of a ride you'll want and if you really plan one day to come by let me know.I'll be very happy since I've never got to ride with you off the races and will figure out a nice trip.And there is always the smaller mountain - Sredna Gora,where I know some incredible steep climbs and one of the best routes around the nearby lake.

So have fun guys and let me know,if you want to come by anytime soon.

Cheers! :beer:
Pinky76

Мнениеот papi007 » Чет Дек 16, 2010 6:39 pm

Тоше, i think that it would be great everybody to organise something in his area, and all of us to visit the other "mad man" 's adventure. I remember the generators from a trip i made this year, and i think it would be a superb trip. And with the right company, it would be nothing else but magic. So may be we all shoud find some nice trails for riding and invite everybody to visit. We could learn a lot from one another. And not only for biking :agree:
And for the people, winter riding -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNgDREl25WY !!

Best wishes, papi007 :wavey:
Аватар
papi007

Мнениеот woutermtb » Пет Дек 17, 2010 7:20 pm

Olalala,

I suffered today!!
Snow is getting deep and so i need to change my style...
Real off roading up hill is impossible in these conditions.
Downhill is pure fun!!!
So, if you make a trip, think asfalt or easy dirtroad up and fun down!

Whenever you want to ride , let me know and we make it a plan!!!
(only not next week before friday, mmmm, family business....)

See you soon!!!
woutermtb

Мнениеот Pinky76 » Пет Дек 17, 2010 9:15 pm

woutermtb написа:Olalala,

I suffered today!!
Snow is getting deep and so i need to change my style...

I wonder how you manage to go out and ride for a couple of hours day after day.Don't you ger tired :eyebrow:
If my friend Boyko and the rest of the gang is riding and keeping up with you every day - i must say great job to all of you guys and maybe I am getting old :D

woutermtb написа:So, if you make a trip, think asfalt or easy dirtroad up and fun down!
Whenever you want to ride , let me know and we make it a plan!!!
(only not next week before friday, mmmm, family business....)

I know that around the 24-25 (Christmas - the best and most anticipated family holiday of the year) nowbody wants to go to work or train,so tell me,when you have a spare day to come to my town (kingdom) :nuts: and I'll come up with an easy winter ride on a rout where we can be flexible and change or cut it if necessary.You name the date and we can talk about the details in pm.

@papi007 - My friend you are 100% right.But as you know it's hard for some of us to travel across the country,cause I personally don't have a car,so it's a bit of a challenge.But will try to do my best next year and if I have some freetime I'll participate at some of the organized rides.

Cheers guys! :beer:
Pinky76

Мнениеот woutermtb » Пон Дек 27, 2010 6:23 pm

Ok,

After a 60km ride with the mammoths on vitosha on friday and a 65km ride with bokich in the svoge-area on sunday, tomorrow will give more adventures..
But where and with who?
Somebody ideas??
Todor, you're ready for serious endurance training (read, 5h per day)
If i come to kazenluk, i'd better make it 2 days, because i'll lose a lot of time in traffic... So , when do you have time/ want to ride 2 days? Where can i sleep, you know hotel? Let me know!!
I go study the map now for good ideas for tomorow.
If volunteers, contact me!!

Wouter
woutermtb

Мнениеот Pinky76 » Сря Дек 29, 2010 1:12 am

Of course I am ready!I just wait for you guys to come by and leave the rest to me.
If you want 2 days extreme riding,no problem.I'll figure out some long routes and now since it's cold,it will not be muddy hopefully :D
Now when I look at the weather forecast - it will be sunny and around O degrees,so it's ok conditions.

About sleeping,there are some hotels here,with the biggest ones right in teh center of the city.Hotel Kazanlak :
http://www.hotelkazanlak-bg.com/
But you and even 2-3 other guys can sleep also at my home no problem.
So you,Boyko and all the other guys are welcome to come and ride in my region anytime you want.These days or after New Year.You decide when you want and are ready to come and I'll be waiting for you in Kazanlak.At least 2-3 strong guys from Kazanlak will probably join the ride if you come and it will be fun.

So contact me,when you plan to come and the rest is easy.I am ready for challenge! :agree:
:beer: :beer: :beer:
Pinky76

Мнениеот woutermtb » Сря Дек 29, 2010 7:01 am

Aha!

I would have said thursday and friday, but i have obligations on thursdaynight...
I'll talk to Boiko and we'll send you a proposition, ok??
Yesterday i killed myself. 5h50min of riding, pushing and running.... Pfffft, and cold! -7 all day which is ok, but with the fucking wind, it felt like -20.
The bike constantly frose up blokking the wheels, the derailler, the brakes and the pedals! Man, today, i take it easy! ;)

So, as soon as i know, i'll let you know!

See you soon!
Wouter
woutermtb

Мнениеот Pinky76 » Сря Дек 29, 2010 11:46 am

woutermtb написа:I Yesterday i killed myself. 5h50min of riding, pushing and running.... Pfffft, and cold! -7 all day which is ok, but with the fucking wind, it felt like -20.
The bike constantly frose up blokking the wheels, the derailler, the brakes and the pedals! Man, today, i take it easy! ;)

You are crazy.I suppose you had a Thermo Bottle with hot tea in your bag,cause normal botttles with liguid would freeze in a couple of minutes time.
Me and a couple of friends will test the weather today and see how the conditions are here now.But it's cold. :boggled:
Ok guys,you have my number.Contact me when you'll come and if you have further questions about the trip or how should the ride be,just write it down and I'll come up with a new idea.

Have fun riding and see you soon! :agree:

:beer: :beer: :beer:
Pinky76

Назад към Индивидуални карания