DH summer vacation

За всичко свързано с МТБ, което не е за някой от другите форуми. Например: разкази и преживявания, мнения по различни общи въпроси, интeресни продукти, новости и т.н.

Рейтинг за публикуване на тема / Рейтинг за отговор / Тежест: 1000 / 1000 / 20

DH summer vacation

Мнениеот eladlv » Нед Яну 22, 2017 5:53 pm

HI,
I am not from Bulgaria and I plans a downhill vacation in the summer here. I Searched the internet for bike parks in Bulgaria and found Borovets and Pamporovo.
Is there enought trails for one and a half weeks of riding?
Are there some unofficial trailsthere that are good?
And if so what is the best option from getting frome one bike park to another?
If you know somthing about it please let me know :D
eladlv

Рейтинг: 1240

Re: DH summer vacation

Мнениеот Admin » Нед Яну 22, 2017 7:38 pm

Hi, how many trails do you need for one and a half week of riding? Because everyone is different you know...
In Borovets there were about four main trails in 2016 with different levels of difficulty. Additional there are two dirtroads accessible by lifts and one All Mountain track which is accessible only by bike, meaning you have to ride or push to the top of the trail (approx. 15 minutes with AM bike). There is one more option in the high mountain, but that includes some hike-a-bike (approx. hour and a half of it). I still don't know what the bikepark is planning for 2017 - hopefully there will be some new trails.
In Pamporovo there were 6 official trails accessible by lift in 2016 + 2 unofficial + 1 beginners trail. There are also several trails from Pamporovo to Smolyan, but you will need some transportation back to the resort.
There is also a new bikepark Rila Lakes in Panichishte (above Sapareva banya), which had one main track in 2016, but more are expected.
If you like hardcore, steep and loose trails, there is also lift and DH track in Sopot.
And of course, we have an old lift and DH track just above Sofia.
There are also several other great places to ride downhill (Zlatitsa, Petrich, Osogovo/Kiustendil) which don't have lifts, but probably some shuttles can be arranged by the local clubs.

So yes, I think you can make a pretty good vacation. :) How many people are you, where do you come from and how - by cars probably?
Интелигентният човек има възможност да се държи като такъв или като простак. Простакът няма подобен избор.
Аватар
Admin

Рейтинг: 2000

Мнениеот eladlv » Пон Яну 23, 2017 10:44 pm

@Admin

Thank you very much for the information it is very halpfule!
we are only two , and we don't come by a car, but we rent a shutle,
and a few more questions:
Is it possible to find the trails in Sopot and the one's from Pamporovo to Smolyan without a gudie?
Is there an shutels from Smolyan back to Pamporovo?
Can we find easly the unofficial trails in Pamporovo? And if not are the gudies there could show them to us?
And what are you saying about vitosha ?
And by the way we are from Israel :D
eladlv

Рейтинг: 1240

Мнениеот Admin » Сря Яну 25, 2017 6:19 pm

The trail in Sopot starts just below the upper lift station, you'll see it. And also, you can see parts of it on your way up with the lift.
For the trails from pamporovo to Smolyan, it good to have at least GPS track. I'll try to find one for you. There is no shuttle from Smolyan to Pamporovo, but if you're only two, it's possible to get a taxi and put bikes inside with the wheels off. If you tell me the dates when you arrange your vacation (you can use personal message if you prefer), I can give you some contacts that may be useful for guiding and shuttle. One of the onofficila trails is easy to find, the other one is not so important. Be aware that one of the lifts in Pamporovo is a very old one and getting on it with the bike is not the most pleasant thing. But it serves only one of the trails, the man lift (for the other trails) is great.
The same old lift is here on Vitosha, but there is better option - with a bike taxi, especially on working days when the lift is not operating.
Интелигентният човек има възможност да се държи като такъв или като простак. Простакът няма подобен избор.
Аватар
Admin

Рейтинг: 2000

Назад към Общ форум