Hello :) Need some feedback about drag f5

Този форум е заключен, тъй като на негово място бяха създадени няколкото продуктови форума по-горе.

Hello :) Need some feedback about drag f5

Мнениеот kamlan » Сря Мар 14, 2007 8:36 pm

Hi everyone :) I don't know if this is the right section for this, since I can't understand anything in the main page :P Anyway, I have a drag f5, love it. I want to ask if any of you know the geometry values of this bike. What is the headtube angle? Im planning to put a Fox 32 van rlc on it. Would it be overkill? Would it make the bike too slack? What do you think? Also is there anyone who attempt vertically 2-3 meters drops with this bike? Is the bike strong? I'll have an eye on here, thanks for feedback. Have fun riding! :)
kamlan

Рейтинг: 1200

Re: Hello :) Need some feedback about drag f5

Мнениеот Isidor » Сря Мар 14, 2007 9:00 pm

kamlan написа:Also is there anyone who attempt vertically 2-3 meters drops with this bike? Is the bike strong?

I don`t know very much about this bike but as I know the bike is very weak at the back, so don`t try to make any drops. :)
I hope you understand me because my English is not very good :)
Rides: Santa Cruz Heckler with Fox DHX 5.0
Аватар
Isidor

Рейтинг: 1533

Мнениеот bobeca » Сря Мар 14, 2007 9:08 pm

Drag F4,F5 and F4m have WRONG GEOMETRY!
bobeca

Рейтинг: 1850

Мнениеот Krismars » Сря Мар 14, 2007 9:17 pm

yeah the f5 isn't made for drops, they say that ist' too weak at the rear end and a friend of mine has the f4 bike which is weaker version of the f5 and i've seen a f5 live and i must say it isn't made for drops. If you have money buy a ram fr frame it will be very,very stronger http://www.ram-bikes.com/freeride.html and suitable for everything
Аватар
Krismars

Рейтинг: 2000

Мнениеот GECKO » Сря Мар 14, 2007 9:38 pm

Изображение

There's the geo based on a 3in fork (80mm) for 5in (130mm) it will go to about 69* Now about the frame's strenght... it could be pretty strong or realy weak. It depends on your luck. If you got lucky with a nice frame it should not have trouble, but the F does not NECESSARILY mean FREERIDE :) :agree:
Аватар
GECKO

Мнениеот kamlan » Сря Мар 14, 2007 9:54 pm

Ugh :crap: I didn't know this bike was THAT bad. I was gonna try some big drops and gaps this summer. If I could see some progression, I was planning to buy a giant glory or cannondale perp or something similar. But first I wanted to know if I was capable of riding that way or not, with this bike :crap:
I was watching videos , trials riders dropping from 3 meters on their hardtails. How come they dont break it but you say my fully F5's rear is weak. In the end, theres a shock absorber.. Besides, I dont see that much of a difference in between drag f5 and.. lets say, kona cowan fs.
Pros are doing big gaps with that bike.

Well anyway, I dont want to throw this bike out of window and buy a bike worth of 4000 euro for something Im not capable of. Thank you for sharing your opinions with me :) I'll keep an eye on here in case someone adds a new comment. Cya :)

Edit: Thank you gecko :) much appreciated :bowdown:
kamlan

Рейтинг: 1200

Мнениеот Jabsco » Сря Мар 14, 2007 10:43 pm

I haven't ridden the bike but from what i've heard it really isn't a generally strong freeride bike.As GECKO said-if you are lucky ypu will get a nice strong frame suitable for AM.But still this frame isn't built for drops or gaps-it's for XC and light FR or at least that was i told at a shop.I'll recomend that you save some more money for something stronger.You should also take a look at the RAMs-perhaps a FR as Krismars suggested or the cheaper AM which is a really versatile bike http://www.ram-bikes.com/am.html
Good luck!
Аватар
Jabsco

Рейтинг: 1925

Мнениеот Admin » Сря Мар 14, 2007 11:20 pm

Don't look at trials riders, they have different riding technique. It's not easy to make a big drop trials' style and I'm not sure if this moves are possible with bikes other than trial's.
Аватар
Admin

Мнениеот Zink » Сря Мар 14, 2007 11:57 pm

The chainstay tube is the weakest place of the frame. And don't use it for jumps, especially bigger if you don't want to hurt yourself.
True Riders Team
Zink

Мнениеот Demo 9 » Чет Мар 15, 2007 2:13 am

a friend of mine whose biggest drop is 23 cm :D has cracked it 3 times in the back (make your own conclusions)..
my personal opinion: this frame suxx :dunno:
Изображение
Аватар
Demo 9

Рейтинг: 1986

Назад към ПРОДУКТ - КОНСУЛТ